1. Their tax dollars paid for this museum/exhibit/your salary/the sidewalk out front and therefore they are the boss of you.
2. They dropped $5 in the donation box three years ago.
3. They went to art school and know the difference between gauche and watercolor.
4. They went to Sunday School with the chief curator who retired before you were born.
5. Their grandmother was a member and museum memberships are inherited like royal titles, right?
6. It rained on the day they wanted to come to visit so they had to come today instead, and somehow that’s your fault and you should apologize for the weather.
7. They know FAMOUS ARTIST and can talk them into donating something. Sure, they haven’t spoken to them in 20 years but as long as they’re still using that prodigy email address, they can totally get in touch.
8. They saw a boob in one of the galleries and now they are traumatized.
**add yours in the notes**
they just have to use the bathroom/want to eat in the cafeteria/see ONE exhibit so they just don’t understand WHY they have to pay something to get in!!